I just wanted to remind you all on my ongoing giveaway! I took away some books due to obvious reason but I also added that you all wanted on the list. Again, you just need to follow and comment. All the info and how it enter is found HERE.
I also have a couple updates I want to talk about with you guys!
- I said I was going to delete my blog due to mental health reasonings. This is still, I want to say, half true. After a week of talking to a university therapist, my mental health awareness club (who now knows about this blog hello fellow Active Minds member if you’re reading this) and thinking over, I’m going to sort of keep this blog. You see, I’m going to delete a lot of the posts, I’m going to even delete my blog name. However, I’m still going to keep this blog because I didn’t even realize that this is sort of a part of me now. I underestimated how much blogging truly meant to me and simple thought of this as a hobby. I love making book reviews and talking to other book enthusiasts. Literally, for this entire week, I was thinking about this blog over and over again. So instead, I’m going to start a clean slate. A New Beginning! A new name (still pending) new theme, new posts (more book reviews).
- I’m dropping out of college! Okay, I’m just dropping out of university. College is great and all but what they don’t tell you is that it’s almost literally impossible to pay for without taking out loans. I’m already in like 12,000 in debt so I decided to finish my last 12 or so classes at a community college back at home. I’ve learned a lot in the past year and I wouldn’t take anything back but man university kicked my ass.
- I’m sticking to psychology as a career. I think watching 13 Reasons Why reminded me why I wanted to do psychology in the first place: destigmatizing mental health (and the show unfortunately portrayed too many stigmas).
- Herbal supplements + walking+ reading+ drinking crap loads of water= very helpful equation that eases anxiety (most of the time).
- In my reviews, I want to focus on representation, especially surrounding mental health.
So yes a lot of changes. Thank you to everyone who gave me nice comments on my past post since they were very encouraging. The new and improve blog that I make is going to be more “lowkey” aka mostly book reviews (though I’ll add some other content of course) and not set schedule (just whenever I can post)
Again thank you to everyone who has been on this journey with me.